Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Interesting Points

  • Break my heart, not bones:Siddharth

“I’m all battered and bruised shooting from my first action film in Telugu. So now I know why I do love stories. I can take heartbreaks, not bone-breaks. I’ve been threatened by my well-wishers that if I continue to walk on the eccentric path choosing one film every two years they’ll stop talking to me. To me, it isn’t about numbers. Any film that I want to see is a good film for me.”

“The moment I read Striker, I said, ‘Wow I’ve to see this film’. It’s like watching a Martin Scorcese film. Striker is a ghetto film like Raging Bull. I wanted to a do a bio-pic for a long time, Striker took me a long time to research. I stayed in the Malvani slums for three mont hs. I learnt to master the game of carrom board. Fortunately, I am from Chennai where carrom is a huge family game, so I played carrom as a kid. I met 250 carrom players from the slums for Striker.”

Siddharth says he has stolen so many things from the Malvani slums. “Shooting on location in Malvani I got the perfect smells and scents. I wish more directors would shoot in live locations. In Malavni we had no vanity vans, not even places to eat lunch. I remember this wonderful actress from down South Padma Priya walking into location on the first day as a vegetarian and eating raw fish within the first day because because she plays a fisherwoman.”

Every half an hour, Siddharth had a fish meal in the slums. “I’m a h
uge foodie anyway, so I didn’t mind. I am not aiming for a six-pack look.”

  • I never compromise on my price

I’m as good as the
money I’m paid. I never compromise on my price. Not for the love of anything. If the script is good, then the producer should have the money to sign me to act in the film. So far I haven’t come across a single film for which I would willingly slash my market rate.








  • Rumours don’t bother me :Siddharth

I'm not the kind of person to be perturbed by what’s written about me and I don’t go scanning the ne wspaper to find news pieces about me. People sa y it’s all part of the deal, but as far as I am concerned, I don’t bother myself with all of this.






  • Music on Siddharth's mind

“I want to bring musicals to India. The old school sort of Hollywood musical, where the actor sings all the songs. I’d like to do a film where the dialogue and the music kind of overlap. I think that’s something that I’ll be good at.” Sing-song business plans, wotsay?



  • Siddharth’s Dilli wali Hindi

When the South ka actor Siddharth was in Dilli, he insisted his Hindi is not that bad. “I’ve been all over the country, but what most people don’t know is that I learnt Hindi in Chennai. I went to the Arya Samaj School there, so my Hindi is pretty good since childhood.” The actor also confessed he developed his language skills in DU.

As he told us, “I was very young when I came to Delhi the first time; I was in second grade. Later, I came back to complete high school education and graduation. It was at that time, my Hindi became f
ull Delhi wallah... a little bit of Punjabi and Haryanvi were added into it, and some Dehati too – everything got mixed. My days at Kirori Mal College gave me a completely new language.” He further said he’s a total DU guy. When we requested, ‘Zara vistaar se samjhaiye’, he turned nostalgic... “When we were in college, Nirulas was the most happening place. At that time, there were no other popular food joints as well. We were crazy about its hot chocolate fudge and mutton sausage Pizza... what a life it was! I was also quite used to the street food. Chholey kulche was my all time fave. We used to watch so many movies in those days. It was so much fun. I miss the single screen theaters. There are not many left in Delhi. I remember watching Hum Aapke Hain Kaun at Golcha. It was superb. We went for the 100th show as well, and they had put all these light bulbs at the border of the screen. When the song Didi Tera Dewar Deewana was played, the light bulbs would flash, and the crowd used to turn mad. It was crazy, man!”

Phir kya hua? “After graduation, I went to Mumbai to pursue MBA, and later became an assistant director with Mani Ratnam, and life took a U-turn,” Siddharth concluded.



Source:The Times Of India

  • Am the worlds most rubbish batsman:Siddharth

We use to play Cricket on the sets of Rang De Basati.I have been watching cricket live since I was a kid and I have met lot of cricketers in my life.Life is different now because cricketers are coming and talking abo u t your films,which is really great.Its a mutual admiration besides it.
When asked whe
ther he were a batsman or a bowler on the sets of Rang De Basnti,he says "I'm the bowler,am the worlds most rubbish batsman,because I have no hand and eye co-ordination.I hit my own foot with my bat.Thats not good,thats not good at all..!! so am a bowler"


Source:YouTube


  • Siddharth applies Gandhism to Twitter

Latest mania among heroes and heroines is ‘Twitter.’ Express your feelings, keep in touch with your fan com m unity and friends…what not it is a new life at Twitter. Ask Siddharth and he gives you the best and honest answer. He seems to be badly bitten by this social networking bug and is tweeting quite often. Free flow of thoughts on Twitter has landed many in tr ouble, but Sid says ‘I like the way Gandhi defin ed censorship. If you don’t like something, shut your eyes. I think it is the best kind of censorship. We all have lots of issues to think about and I think picking on films, cricket or people as such and then dissecting what they are saying is just time pass that people indulge in. This is an important tool through which I get connected with my fans, and I think this is the easiest way.’

Source:Cinejosh


  • Siddharth Wants To Show His Romantic Side
"My next Hindi film will be a romantic film. Audiences in Mumbai haven't seen what I do down south . After seeing my ads for a cellphone company, Hindi filmmakers have woken up to my lighter romantic side."
When asked to comment on his link ups with his co stars, he said, “My mother says if rumours on my love life are to be believed, I'm the biggest Casanova ever. In 10 films I've been linked with 10 heroines. I've even been married to a couple of them and had babies. Either I am 'aashiq mizaaz' or not. I'd rather be because the image is quite helpful. I think I need to take time off to find romance in my life. Right now I see no chance to take time off."




  • Siddharth has dreams of becoming a pan-India actor

He says, "I think we keep talking about cross-over cinema in the wrong context. What about our cinema crossing over from one language and region to another? There're fabulous films being made in every part of the country. I've this very cute dream of being a pan-Indian actor. Insha Allah, in 10 years I'll have films in different languages and I'll be appreciated across the country. We need to look at Indian cinema as one entity before we look at global acceptance."

He also says, "I won't have only one home. I've been living out of suitcases all my life. Now I'll be living out of bigger suitcases called home. I'll have different homes in different cities. But I'll give my best shot to Hindi films."However, I can't move to Mumbai permanently. I'm an actor. I cannot stay in one place. And why should I?"



Source:indiaserver.com

1 comment: