Sunday, May 9, 2010

Siddharth-The movies I loved growing up

The Movies I Loved Growing Up

JO JEETA WOHI SIKANDAR: I still recall the debate this film had sparked off among my group of friends. It released around the same time as Khuda Gawah which starred Mr Bachchan. So it was a toss-up on which film to watch.
But ultimately, we settled for Jo Jeeta... as it was youth-centric and appealed more to us at that age. That school atmosphere and those cycling scenes were something we could relate to. And to think much later in life, I was to act with Aamir Khan in a film!


CITIZEN KANE: Though the film was made decades ago, it still appeals to me. I saw it as a teenager and found it mindboggling. It was up there and still remains a film for all time for me as well as for others. The Orson Welles movie was terrific and it was a film I viewed over and over again during my teenaged years.


KAGAZ KE PHOOL: This movie I watched because of my mother. She'd make me watch all types of film with her. I was introduced to Guru Dutt at an early age that's when I was told what a genius filmmaker he was. The movie had a deep, dark subject yet I remember it all including its haunting music.


NAYAKAN: This Tamil film starred Kamal Haasan an actor we adored as kids. He was in the movie and that was it. We just had to watch the movie and marvel at his brilliance something I continue to do.


ET:
Steven Spielberg just had the right mix of stuff to appeal to the youngsters. A group of Earth children and an alien it left me bewildered about life beyond Earth something which I had not imagined.

Source:Mid-Day.com

No comments:

Post a Comment